Saturday, February 8, 2014

Difficulty Deciding What To Do


I know that it has been some time since I have posted. I also know that I have not really talked a lot about what I'm doing for my training. There is reason for this. I have not really been able to settle on a style of training. I enjoy Power Lifting, Weightlifting, and Strong Woman stuff, my favorite being the Weightlifting. Even knowing that I have had trouble choosing what I actually want to do for training.

With that being said, I am going to go back to doing Strong Woman. I've tried for the past two weeks, but along with not being able to settle on my training I have also allowed my mobilization to slip. The first week I tried I couldn't get past squats because of back pain. I worked past that, though. These week I was able to do part of the event day with a sandbag carry, but after two and a half rounds I had to stop because of how badly my back hurt.

I'll be taking time to mobilize my back again before I try to restart. I'm going to take a full week and concentrate on the areas that I know are causing the problems because they always have. This isn't really any different then the first time I started. I was able to get further before I started having problems. I think we have a good plan, though.

After I mobilize my back we are also going to have a lower weight sandbag for me. In my inability to decide on my training method I did lose some of my strength. That's not helping anything, but I'll gain it back quickly enough once I get into the swing of things again. I'll also start posting regularly on the blog again because I think that helped me to stay focused.

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment