Monday, March 25, 2013

A Frustrating Day


Well, if would figure that the week I start my blog my training takes a bit of a dive. There is something else going on, though. Likely a lack of protein or calories. So I'll have to watch my food intake a bit more closely then I have the past few days. I also need to make sure I drink my protein shake every day.

Anyway, my training was a bit of a bust. I squatted 225 again, even though I had intended to go up to 230. Unfortunately, I did not notice this until after my second set. By that point it was to late and it's unlikely that I would have been able to do 3 sets at 230. I just stuck with it. If nothing else it will help make sure my depth is good.

I also missed my overhead press again. I don't know why I missed. I was close to making it last time and that usually means that I can make it the next time I do my sets. Then, when I got to my deads, I couldn't pull the 260 I was suppose to do today. The last two are why I think it's an issue with protein or calories. I slept well last night and, so far as I am aware, I got the full 8 hours.

I am not going to let it discourage me, though. I'll get it next time. I just have to make a few adjustments to my diet. Wednesday is going to be Squats, Bench, and Power Cleans. I'll make a post for sure about that day and how it goes.

Actually, we probably are going to stay at 225 until we are sure we have our depth before we move on. So I may stay there for a few days before I go up to 230. We'll see how long that takes, hopefully just a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment