Sunday, September 22, 2013

I've Been a Bad Blogger


I am sorry that I haven't been keeping this up to date on my training. Though, perhaps, it may be best that I start doing a once a week post instead of posting every time that I train. I say this because my posts are, as a general rule, becoming shorter since I have less interesting things to talk about. I don't have all the interactions that I used to at the gym and what have you. So, I may start posting less often unless I have something really interesting to talk about.

Anyway, that bit of rambling is out of the way now. I had a bit of fun when I did my cleans this week, though. I dropped the bar with 100 lbs on it, and almost all the weight landed on one of my thighs. I'm fine, though. It hurt like hell, and we had to use some Voodoo Tape on it immediately, but I didn't even bruise. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish my cleans for the day, though.

There's also something that you may have already read on my husbands Facebook page, or not. We are going to be trying to find me an Olympic Coach. In the meantime, though, there is some programming from an Olympic lifter with LBEB that I'm going to be starting. Next week I'll just be working on finding out what my 1 rep maxes are for the lifts so that I can properly do the programming. Much of it goes off of percentages of what my maxes are.

I also did a behind the neck Jerk for the first time. It was a lot easier then I thought it would be. I figured I would flame out on it pretty quickly, but after watching Liu Xiao Xiang what I needed to do for it clicked. He doesn't go into a split stance like most weightlifters when he does the clean and jerk, so it was more obvious what he was doing.

Well, I think that's about all I have to talk about for the moment. So I'm going to post the numbers now. Thank you all for reading! As always, it's appreciated.

9/18
Squats: 135x7x2

Deadlifts: 175x6x3

Barbell Bicep Curls: 45x5x3

9/19
Snatch: 65x2x4

Cleans: 100x3x2

Klokov Presses: 80x3x3

9/21
Deadlift: 265x1x1

Jerk: 105x1x1



No comments:

Post a Comment