Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Delay in Strong Woman


Well, training went well on Thursday. I had a bit of back pain while doing the dead lifts, but I did better then I expected. Unfortunately, I was unable to do my training yesterday. For years I've had lower back pain, usually it only reared it's ugly head when I did dishes or folded cloths, but since training started it has gotten worse.

Now, before I continue it's not an injury. It's a mixture of having poor posture for years now, sitting to much, and a very large knot of muscles in my glutes. We discovered that was the actual issue thanks to information from the book Becoming a Supple Leopard by Dr. Kelly Starrett. That book is proving to be an extremely good investment.

The pain was bad enough, though, that I couldn't do my training yesterday. What I'm going to do is take a week or so and go back to the linear progression I was doing before. It's not as strenuous as the Strong Woman training, and should allow me to recoup my back. The book has suggestions on how to stand properly, as well as sit.

I'll pretty much have to put myself in a lot of pain every day to loose the knot of muscle that's formed in my glutes, though. Hopefully, it wont take more then a week for me to work it out. It took years for it to get to the point it's at, though, so I'll be surprised if that's all it takes.

Anyway, you'll all start seeing numbers again next week when I start on the linear progression. Heck, maybe there will be some improvement on the numbers that I got stuck on before. I doubt it, but it would be a nice surprise if I could hit 260 lbs on my dead lifts.

As always, thank you all for reading. I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment