Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Pretty Good Week


My training went very well overall. There were some disappointments, but for the most part my lifts were about where I expected them to be. Saturday was triumphant, though. Last time I tried to do Strong Woman I ended up stopping because of the training Saturday. I made it though.

I'm sure you are wondering what I had to do, and I'll tell you. I wont give distances, but you'll get the gist of it. I got to hump around a 100 pound sandbag forever. I'll post a picture from that later. I also had to push the car around a bit. Unfortunately, there aren't really pictures of that since my husband had to steer the car while I pushed it.

Some interesting things did happen. We discovered that one of the YMCA's has bumper plates. This is great news for us considering that some of the lifts sort of require that you be able to drop the weight. However, we have seen some people doing some things with the bumper plates that was rather annoying.

The first thing we saw was a group that we call the 'Three Man Bench Machine" using them to do skull crushers. These are done using curl bar while laying on your back and bringing it down to their head. This is not what they were meant for. The second thing I saw was someone using the bumper plates to do shoulder shrugs.

There is also this aerobic training group that comes in there and uses the lifting platform for their stuff because, you know, that's totally what it's for. Oh, that group was also doing chalice squats in the squat rack. To be fair the squat rack does have this odd platform. I didn't know what it was for. Anyway, they had a dumbbell and were holding it down in from of them while they did their squats. At least I didn't have to do squats that day.

Right, now for horrible sandbag carry pictures. I figure that if I'm going to compete I may as well get used to unflattering pictures circulating the internet. So, here you go! The bag is 100 pounds. Thank you all for reading, as always.






No comments:

Post a Comment