Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Back in the Strong Woman Game!


Alright, so I'm doing Strong Man again. It's going well so far. Yesterday I did squats and dead lifts. Usually my back has started to hurt by the time I get to my dead lifts. That didn't happen this time. It didn't start to hurt until well after I had finished. So, I'm happy about it. It means that my back is getting better.

My squats were able to go up, and I'll post a video below of that. I went up to 230 lbs. So, that's a plus. I was also able to get up to 225 lbs before I realized that I should probably have been wearing a belt. That's another good sign. The further I can go without a belt, the better.

I did a little worse Monday on one of my sets then I did the first time I started Strong Man. I agree with my husbands assessment that I probably put a little body-movement into it the first time then I did this time. It was a different type of press then I normally do, and unfortunately the way I did it this time meant that I did not push as much weight. Still, it was higher then the normal press, so I'm happy with it.

Overall, I'm pleased with how this week has started off. I hope that tomorrow goes just as well. Saturday, though, will be the real test. Saturday is what showed me that I had to stop last time and work on my back. My back is doing so well, though, that I don't honestly think I have anything to worry about beyond getting used to the movement of the weight.

I'm sorry that I couldn't give you much information. Again, this is proprietary training stuff, though I now have permission from my husbands coach to do the program. After my husband told him my numbers and that I was interested in the Strong Man stuff he said that I should follow along on his programming. So, that's a huge bonus!

Anyway, here's the video. This is 230 lbs. Some of you may have already seen this on my husbands face book page. Thank you for reading, and I hope you like the video!





No comments:

Post a Comment