Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Slow Day


Well, the training yesterday could have gone better. I didn't make any actual gains in my weight. Though, I've had a bit of trouble sleeping for a few days, so that could have played a role in my inability to move some of the weights. Some of it may just be that I've hit an overall wall with linear training. I suppose it's good that I'm just doing this until my back is better.

I also had to take some videos of my husbands work sets so that he could show them to his coach. Between that, and needing so much time between my own sets, I ended up running into some time constraints. What I would normally do, if I don't hit at least parallel on my squats, is just do the set again. I just didn't have time for that if I wanted to do my bench press or rows.

Unfortunately, I only made actually completed one of my lifts, and that was the Rows. My form was poor on them, though, so I can't really count them as being done. Overall, it was a bad day of training. I think there were reasons for it, though, and tomorrow should go better. Except my deadlifts. I'm pretty sure I'm still not going to be able to do 260 for reps. I'll try, though.

My back is doing better already, though. It takes longer before I feel the twinges of pain in my lower back from standing for a while. That should be a good sign, and hopefully it'll mean that I can go back to doing Strong Woman next week. I've been doing mobility work every day to help loosen the muscles that are causing the pain.

I've also been working on other areas that have caused problems in the past. My shoulders, my calf, and so on. With any luck I'll be able to go into next weeks training without any problems. That's the dream at least.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I don't really have numbers to post. Thank you all for reading anyway, though. It's always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment