Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Good Day


Training today went very well. I was able to make good jumps on most of my lifts, and I made my bench this time so I'm happy. This training regiment is working out rather well for me, but ultimately I look forward to working under a proper coach. I cannot wait until I'm able to do Clean and Jerks and Snatches, but that's some time off. I have to increase my upper body strength a bit more before I can get to that point. It's a work in progress and I'm loving every minute of it.

I do want to say that a body builder we see in there regularly had a woman with him. She was doing pretty well, clearly a beginner but her squat form was good. He had her doing something that was like dead lifts. She was not using the Olympic bar for it, so the bar itself weighed next to nothing, and she also wasn't setting the bar back down and resetting. Here's my thing, though, she had around 50 pounds on it. Why wasn't she using the Olympic bar? She could clearly pick it up since the bar weights 45 pounds. As soon as you can move that weight you need to be using the Olympic bar. That's just my two cents though.

He also suggested using the free weight benches instead of doing a real bench press if they weren't free by the time we were ready for them. That's not the sort of training we are doing at this time, though it may become an accessory workout in time. Which I told him. He's a nice enough guy, but he's a body builder and clearly doesn't really understand what we are doing. That's okay, though, he's honestly just trying to help and I have no problem with that so long as he doesn't start talking down to me.

Anyway, on to my numbers! I'm particularly proud of my squat and weighted sit ups since they were both 10 pound jumps. The bench, again, was the same as last time because I missed by one rep. Next time I do them, though, I'll be able to go up. I may have been able to do more on the rows, but I didn't want to push it to far since I had to change my stance on them.

Back Squat: 195x2x8
Bench Press: 105x2x8
Row: 80x5x3
Weighted Sit Ups: 40x5x3

Thank you for reading again!

No comments:

Post a Comment