Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Surprising Realization


After noticing something rather surprising in the mirror the other day something really hit me. I am likely not going to loose weight but, for once, I don't think it's a bad thing. What I noticed was the hint of 4 pack abs. There are actually subtle lines showing that they will develops as I continue to train. I've also noticed just how hard my body, overall, has become. There is very little fat on my body any longer.

I am going to end up being 190 pounds with good body composition. I think that the training will lead me towards having a low body fat percentage, judging by the changes that have taken place already. All it took was seeing the definition in my stomach to accept what is obviously going to be true. In that moment I stopped aiming for a number and truly just started thinking of how my body composition is going to change over the next few months.

This is obviously what I'm suppose to be doing. My food intake, which would seem like a lot to more then a few of you, is perfect for what I'm doing and my body is responding beautifully. It's even better because I enjoy the training immensely. Can it get any better then that? I don't think so.

I've tried other programs before, but I saw very minimal change. Even then, it was only my weight and it decreased very slowly. To make it worse, I didn't enjoy it. Sure, I could trick myself into thinking that I liked it for a few weeks, but that quickly wore off. I guess what I'm trying to say here is this: You should find something that you enjoy doing for fitness or training. In the end it just depends on what your goal is.

Now, with that rambling done it's time to move on to the numbers. My lat pull downs probably aren't going to increase next time I train. It was fairly difficult moving the amount that I did, and the next jump that it has is  15 pounds more. I should be able to make that before much longer though. When I get around 130 pounds with the lat pull downs I should be able to move to doing assisted pull ups. I think that's all that I have to note about my numbers, though.

Front Squats: 125x2x8
Overhead Press: 77.5x2x8
Dead Lift: 230x5x1
Lat Pull Down: 100x5x3

Thank you again for reading. I appreciate it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment