Monday, August 12, 2013

Being Sick Sucks


So, when I went to train Saturday I was a bit under the weather. I wasn't going to let it keep me from going, though. So I went, and I did well on everything but my squats. I think it was partially due to me being sick, but mostly due to the lack of mobility work that's been done to my calf.

I have a place in one of my legs that hurts, and I need to work on mobility for it to keep it from hindering my lifts. I got through as many of the squats as I could, though it wasn't nearly as many as I would have liked. Of course, I would have rather not missed due to something that I totally could have prevented. I'll get it tomorrow, though, and get my squats moving like they are suppose to again.

Other then that, it went very well. Though my calf was still wonky I made my cleans and of course it didn't prevent my bench from moving up. I don't think it will be long before I'm forced to start making lower jumps on the bench press. As much as I want to get to 135 before it happens, I am starting to think I wont quite make it. Still, I'm glad they are moving along so well.

Not much else to talk about, so I'll just get on with the numbers. Thank you all for reading!

Squats: Missed
Bench Press: 115x3x5
Power Clean: 90x5x3

Note:
It seems that I freeze up a bit when certain people watch me on the cleans. Primarily my husband. I don't know why, and it's something I have to get past. If anyone has a suggestion on how I can get past messing up when I know he's watching me, I'm open to them. I flourish with an audience for everything but that, it seems. So far, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment