Monday, August 26, 2013

More One Rep Maxes


Alright, so I found my one rep max for my squat and deadlifts on Saturday. They were not nearly as drastic a difference as my bench was, but I'm still happy with it. I've also decided what I'm going to do for my training from this point forward. I'm pretty much going back to Strongman! So, that should be fun.

I enjoyed the Strong Man, or Woman, training when I did it last time. I'm also a bit stronger then I was then so I should be able to do even more with it now then I was before. I also seemed to react really well to the more intense training, and the conditioning day, when it came to the re-composition of my body.

I don't know how far I will go with the training, or if I will try to compete in any Strong Woman competitions or not. As long as I have fun with the training, though, and get the results that I want then that is what's most important. Wish me luck on it!

Anyway, for my squats I was only able to get to 235 lbs. So, only about 10 pounds more then what I rep out. I still think it should have been higher and I'm not sure why I couldn't do the 245. My deadlifts were 255. Again, I think I should have been able to do the 265, and I almost did. I just couldn't lock out when I got it up.

I'll try to find my one rep again in a few months. For now, though, I'm reasonable satisfied. That's the most I've ever pulled with perfect form, and with my squats being below parallel. So it's still something to be proud of, even if it's not as much as I wanted to move. Thank you all for reading again!

No comments:

Post a Comment