Friday, August 23, 2013

Finding One Rep Maxes is Fun!


So, while I decide what I'm going to do I am sort of just goofing off this week and finding out what my one rep maxes are on a couple of lifts. I'm also taking a couple of extra days to do some mobility work. So, it's a nice deload sort of week with some surprises for me.

I went to train on Wednesday and had some surprising, and not so surprising, results. Well, really only one surprising result. Now, I was suppose to start off with my over head press, but both of the racks were taken and I ended up starting with the bench. Normally I wouldn't do both in the same day, but I'm not really trying to make progress, just maintain so I think it will be alright.

The bench press was amazing and I am extremely happy with what happened. I did 135 lbs for two reps, and then I did 150 for one rep! I didn't think I would get that high. I thought I would be lucky to get 135 because of how much lower then that my five rep max is. I still can't stop grinning when I think about it.

My overhead press and the Klokov (behind the head push press) were both less impressive. For the overhead press I was only able to do 85 lbs for one, and on the Klokov press I did 75 for one. Of course, by the time I got to the last one I was completely and totally exhausted so I'm not really all that surprised that it was so low.

Additionally, today I worked with the lacrosse ball on my back a bit and also used some voodoo take to try to work out some kinks in my muscles. The voodoo tape is good, but painful! I'll get used to it the more I use it I think. Though, maybe it's one of those things that you never really get used to. I don't really know. It's good stuff, though.

Anyway, I'll be seeing what my one rep max for squats and deadlifts are tomorrow. Hopefully they are both fairly impressive. Thank you all for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment