Sunday, July 21, 2013
A Couple of Resets
For those of you that read this blog regularly, you know that I've had some trouble getting past a certain point with a couple of my lifts. This hasn't changed, either. The max I seem to be able to rep for my deadlifts is 255, and the max for my squats is around 230. Now, I tell you this because I opted to reset them yesterday.
I wasn't excited about it, and I didn't want to do it. Unfortunately, there is sometimes little choice in resetting some of the lifts. So I did it. It shouldn't take me long to get back to where I was, but I imagine when I do I'll find that it's time for me to switch to the Texas method for those lifts. As much as I hate to do it, it's something that I knew would eventually need to be done.
My overhead press did not really budge. Even though the Strong Woman training seemed to help with my bench press, it did nothing for my overhead press. At least, though, I didn't backslide. My overhead reps had been 80 for 2 previously when I was doing the strict overhead press. I was able to do that 2 times again, but I couldn't do it for the 5 reps that this program requires. So, it's basically where it was before I switched my training.
It's frustrating to see a lift stand still like that. Especially since I thought the training that helped my bench would also have helped the overhead. Still, there are some suggestions by Mark Rippetoe that should help with that in the long run. We'll see how it goes!
Anyway, here's the numbers now. I don't really have much more to say about the training day itself. It was alright, but certainly not great. Thank you all for reading, though!
Overhead Press: 75x3x5