Monday, July 1, 2013

Some More Good Training.


So, I had some pretty good days of training. I had to pick up the 100 pound sandbag, but I didn't have to run with it this time. No, I had to pick it up and put it on my shoulder a lot of times in a certain amount of time. I did pretty good. Not as well as I had hoped, but pretty good.

There was something else I had to do that gained me a few odd looks. I wont go into detail about it because I don't want to give to much information out. However, I was able to do it with 315 pounds, which was awesome. So, between how odd the workout itself was and the fact that I had so much weight I got some strange looks. I'm sure they didn't understand what I was doing. it was purely a conditioning thing, though.

I also had to do some hang cleans. I couldn't get my grip right and ended up just doing power cleans. The later is more work because it involves doing a full dead lift every time you pick it up, whereas the hang cleans down. I did 95 lbs with that. That was on Thursday though.

The only other thing I'm going to go into detail about is the Farmers dead lifts that I had to do. There was a lot more that I did Thursday, but I can't give to much of the programming away. Anyway, the farmers dead lifts are suppose to be done with bars. We don't have access to the type of bars necessary for it, but we've improvised. What we've done is taken two duffel bags and put sand in them until they reach whatever weight we need them to be at. Mine were at 80 pounds each. I had to pick them up for time.

I had a video that I wanted to show you of the farmers deads, but for some reason it wont let me upload it. I'll try again later, or try to post it to Facebook. Thank you all for reading, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment