Monday, July 15, 2013

Back to the Basics


I want to start this off by saying that I know I look like I'm a bit erratic at the moment. I've jumped between a few programs, and it probably looks like I can't stick with one. Much of this has been exploration of what programs are out there. Some of it has been a search for a bit more variety then Starting Strength provides. Unfortunately, this has probably done more to damage my strength gains then help them.

With all of that said, I'm going back to Starting Strength. The reason I'm doing this is because the strong woman training I've been doing is fun, but it's not for beginners. I need a better base of strength before I can really make any progress with that programming. There are a couple of things that it may be time for me to move on with. My Deadlifts and squats, for example, are probably about as high as they are going to go on a linear progression. I'll try to make a few more jumps with them, but it probably wont be wrong until I'm doing Texas method.

Starting Strength should, primarily, help me build my upper body strength again. There are suggestions in the book that should help with my bench press and probably my overhead press as well. So, I'll be going back to that tomorrow.

I'm sorry that I've been somewhat erratic. A lot of it is the fact that I've been focusing far to much on what my end goal is. While it's good to have an end goal, it's also important to focus on what you are doing at the present and set short term goals as well. So, that's what I'm doing.

Anyway, that's about all I have for tonight. Thank you all for reading. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment