Friday, July 19, 2013

Back on the Wagon


So, I began Starting Strength again yesterday. I would have started it on Tuesday, but I had a stomach bug and was unable to complete my squats. I tried, though, I got to 195 on the squats before I had to leave. So, there was a bit of a hiccup, but things seem to be back on track.

Yesterday was a great day of training. I did squats, bench press, and power cleans. The squats and power clean were about where I thought they would be. My bench press surprised me. I'm back to doing three sets of 5 reps, so the amount for the bench and squats are lower then they were with the lower reps I had been doing, but I'm still happy with it.

I thought I would be able to do 100 pounds on the Power Cleans, and I did manage to do two sets for that amount, but they exhaust your muscles quickly so I couldn't do anymore then that. Luckily it didn't prevent me from finishing my sets at 95 pounds, so I'm still happy.

That's about all that I have to say for today. Thank you all for reading, I always appreciate it. Now, on to the numbers!!

Squats: 225x3x5
Bench Press: 105x3x5
Power Clean: 95x5x3

No comments:

Post a Comment