Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Power Cleans: Fun and Annoying


Yesterday was a pretty good day of training. My squats went up, which shouldn't be a surprise since I dropped the weight down quite a bit. My bench also went up, which is awesome for me! My power cleans, on the other hand, did not budge. That part is annoying.

Now, so far as we can tell it's a mixture of a couple of things that may be causing the issues. By all rights I should have been able to jump to 100 pounds. Especially after doing that amount twice the last time. However, my timing is off on the jump I'm suppose to do. I'm working on that a bit. There is also a matter related to my anatomy that I wont go into detail about. Suffice it to say, though, that I'm swinging the bar our further then I should be.

So, I've been drilling myself with a super light bar that we have at home to get my timing down. The anatomy issue is going to take a bit of restrictive clothing to help alleviate the necessity to swing the part out so far. Hopefully, the next time I do them I'll be able to go to 100.

There really isn't more to talk about as far as that goes. I really can't wait until we can build our home gym. Being constricted to two hours because of the daycare has prevented me from being able to make jumps before, and it didn't help me in this case either. It wasn't the sole problem, but I didn't have enough time to try to correct my form before we had to leave.

So, with all that said, on to the numbers now. Thank you all for reading. It is appreciated.

Squats: 205x3x5
Bench Press: 107.5x3x5

No comments:

Post a Comment